Universal cruiser LIP 10".
Monteres hurtigt og enkelt med det medfølgende patenterede Dual Lock velcro fra 3M.
Laminar Lip er et omvendt bæreplan (airfoil), som sørger for at skyde vindturbulenserne 10 til 15 cm længere op end hvis man kører uden en Lip (hos nogle modeller helt op til 20cm længere op).
Med en Lip kan du nu kontrollere luftstrømningen omkring din motorcykel kåbe.
Montagevejledning (kun på engelsk)
Mounting Instructions for U1110
- Make sure that the temperature is above 70°F to assure good adhesion of the 3M(tm) Dual Locks.
- Place the motorcycle on level ground.
- Clean the surfaces where the LIP will be located with the soapy water (not polish).
- Wipe and dry the surfaces where the Dual Locks will be located with the enclosed alcohol pad. The surface should not feel slippery to your thumb.
- The LIP may be installed at various heights, as riders are various heights, a good starting location for many riders is one inch higher than the windshield. We recommend that the LIP be mounted in a range from even with the top of the shield to a max. of half the LIP (in center of LIP) above the shield.
- You may want to use duct or masking tape holding the outsides of the LIP to the shield while you slowly test ride. Windshield surfaces may scratch easily (protect them with masking tape, etc.), Laminar LLC cannot be responsible for damages. Make sure to use a tape that the adhesive can be removed easily.
- The Universal Cruiser Laminar LIP is made to fit standard Cruiser Motorcycle windshields. These must be at least as wide about 2 inches from the top as the 10", 14", 17 1/2" or 21 1/2" LIPs and curved in only one plane. That is, curved side to side but straight bottom to top. It is fastened to the motorcycle windshield using 3M Dual Lock
- The Universal LIP is shipped with the Dual Locks unattached. Place the LIP onto the windshield and with masking tape; fix it where you want it to be.
- Cut two strips of tape 1/2" X 4" long. Place them on the underside of the windshield directly under the lines of contact between the LIP and the windshield about 1/4" higher than the bottom edge of the LIP's feet. Remove the LIP from the windshield. The Dual Locks should now be located directly over the 4" tapes onto the outer side of the windshield. Two Dual Locks per side. Separate them as much as possible, but no more than 3 1/2 inches from center to center.
- Remove the protective film from a Dual Lock. Take care not to touch the adhesive, as the oils from your skin can impair the adhesion; carefully locate the Dual Locks above the masking tape strip and stick them down to the windshield. Next, carefully do the other side.
- Now it is time to adhere the LIP to the windshield. Remove the plastic release films and carefully locate the LIP. It should be centered and overhang the Dual Lock about 1/4" from the bottom edge.
- Press the LIP and windshield together at the adhesives locations (min. 15 lbs. pressure) to insure good bonding. By looking from the back of the windshield assure that the tape is totally adhered. The adhesive should look wet and sealed.
- Tomorrow check and press it again, the adhesives are time cured and should be nearly set up in 24 hours; however, you can ride now if you want.
- After the LIP is mounted, install the stickers onto the LIP over the tape of the Dual Locks.
- To remove the LIP the Dual Locks must be separated. To do this use a kitchen or butter knife (not sharp). While pulling the LIP away from the windshield use the knife to slice the Dual Locks apart. Once started they should not be too difficult to separate. Save your extra Dual Locks.
- If VHB Adhesive is removed at anytime do not reuse. Occasionally check integrity of the mount.